还没有用过 PowerPress 播客系统 ？目前最新版为 v8.4.8 ，已通过 WordPress 5.6.2 兼容测试。
WordPress 版本：3.6 或更高版本
标签：itunes, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, powerpress，播客系统
1、方式一：进入网站后台（/wp-admin/），转到【插件】 =>【安装插件】并搜索 “PowerPress”。找到之后，单击 “安装” 即可。
2、方式二：从 WordPress.org 下载到 powerpress.zip 压缩文件包。然后转到【插件】 =>【安装插件】 =>上传压缩包进行安装。
3、安装完毕后，可通过 WordPress 网站后台的左侧【插件】菜单选择启用。
4、如果您有任何 PowerPress 问题，请到 PowerPress 支持论坛中发帖，获取帮助。
如果您是从网站后台全新安装的 PowerPress 且左侧翻译进度已是 100% ，那么可能目前已经有提供此插件的中文语言包，如果没有可通过手动安装的方式来更新翻译。
目前插件已上传至 WordPress.org 插件目录，您可以通过网站后台【插件】=【安装插件】=搜索【wpfanyi】找到，然后安装即可。
2、通过 WP 后台自动更新；
已翻译和校对过的 PowerPress 中文语言包我们会定期提交至 WordPress Translate ，您将可以在网站后台收到翻译更新提示，前提是已安装了 PowerPress 。
3、通过 FTP 手动上传；
在本站下载到 powerpress-zh_CN.zip 即最新版的 PowerPress 中文语言包，解压后可得到两个文件，
这是基于 WordPress 的系统语言路径，注意，要能正常使用，需要看下语言文件是否正确，文件名必须是 powerpress-zh_CN.mo 才行。
操作完毕后，到网站后台的 PowerPress 设置页面刷新即可看见变化。
1、下载的 .zip 语言文件无效？
① 从本页面下载的 powerpress-zh_CN.zip 内【文件没有前缀】的则为无效文件或尚未添加到翻译系统中；
② 上传后未生效或依旧为英语，若翻译完成度为【 30% 以下】则尚处于翻译准备阶段，仍需等待，其他问题请通过薇晓朵 PowerPress 论坛发帖联系处理。
2、.po 和 .mo 有什么区别？
- powerpress-zh_CN.po 是可编辑文件，如需查看可将文件拖放至浏览器中看到源代码。
- powerpress-zh_CN.mo 是已编译的 PowerPress 程序语言文件，可以被 WordPress 系统识别，也就是您网站语言显示所用的文件。
3、.po 和 .mo 都需要上传吗？
在 PowerPress 中真正生效的语言文件是 powerpress-zh_CN.mo，而 .po 为可编辑文件是否上传由您自行决定， WPfanyi.com 均有提供。
当然可以，要切换语言，只需要在 WordPress 后台 => 设置 => 常规 =>站点语言，进行选择即可。已上传的语言包不会影响所有系统语言，仅在您当前网站设置为【简体中文】时生效。
肯定会过时，每当 PowerPress 有版本更新都会需要进行新的翻译工作，所以请了解这是需要长期维护和进行的工作，如果 wpfanyi.com 对您有用，请协助推广我们！
由于近年来 WordPress 中文语系的翻译进程缓慢，同时包括 PowerPress 在内的一大批优秀的主题、插件都没有提供中文版本，这对中国区用户造成了很多不便。
WordPress 翻译（WPfanyi.com）就是为了解决这一基本需求而存在。我们的目的是以中国人最熟悉的方式组建一个 WordPress 本地化翻译团队。
本站的账号体系与 Weixiaoduo.com 互通，若已有账号请直接【登录】或【免费注册】。
1、【加入团队】若您有一定的英语基础，和充足的空闲时间，请发送邮件到 wpfanyi#feibisi.com (将#替换为@) 告知想要加入 PowerPress 中文翻译项目；
2、【分享翻译】若您已经对最新版的 PowerPress 做了翻译及校对，请通过 PowerPress 翻译系统导入语言包，以便志愿者和编辑进行审阅校正。
3、【成为管理】通过【加入我们】表单提交申请可成为 PowerPress 翻译系统的翻译编辑；
除了 WPfanyi.com 你还可以通过 WP.org 翻译系统（英文，国内访问较慢）对 —— PowerPress Podcasting plugin by Blubrry 进行 zh_CN 中文翻译；
1、先在 wpfanyi.com 上完成翻译和校对工作，然后导出语言包；
2、导入至 translate.wordpress.org 系统做审批；
3、审批通过自动释放语言包，对所有 PowerPress 中文用户分发；
我们希望可以通过这几年的努力，让 WordPress 中文生态可以变得更加繁荣。
在使用 PowerPress 的过程中如果遇到问题需要帮助，请到薇晓朵 PowerPress 中文支持论坛发帖获取帮助，会有专业技术人员回复。
做为国内领先的 WordPress 综合服务平台，薇晓朵构建了一系列的基础设施以便为中国的 PowerPress 用户提供服务，在提供免费支持的同时也有更多商业服务可选。
薇晓朵官方提供了一个全局搜索功能，涵盖了超过 100 多个 WordPress 中文资源及教学站点，您可以执行 PowerPress 全局搜索获得更多信息；
本站由薇晓朵云平台接入维护，提供长期稳定的 WordPress 技术支持。
如果您想要将自己公司信息或者商业广告显示在此页，请考虑捐赠和赞助 WPfanyi.com ，以便让我们可以有更充足的资源和资金来做这些免费但有意义的事情。
以下为 2019 年度赞助商，欢迎访问相关站点获取更多信息。
完全免费，从现在到以后都是，只要这款源程序存在于 WordPress.org 上，那么 WPfanyi.com 提供的 PowerPress 中文语言包都是免费的。
2、为什么要赞助 WordPress 中文翻译？
为了让 WPfanyi.com 能够长期健康的发展，我们接受商业赞助和关联性广告投放，广告内容应与 WordPress 或网站、互联网相关，积极健康符合《中华人民共和国广告法》相关标准。
产品更新日志一般会包括 PowerPress 安全更新和问题修复，如果不清楚您目前所用的版本包含哪些新功能和 bug 修复，可在此处查询。
- Released 01/13/2021
- Fixed a bug in the Blubrry account linking
- Released 12/22/2020
- Added destinations for JioSaavn, Gaana, and Podchaser
- Added destinations to the rawvoice:subscribe tag in the feed
- Released 12/08/2020
- Tested with WordPress version 5.6
- Added query string so as to circumvent server caching when grabbing Blubrry shows associated to account
- Updated readme with up-to-date information about the plugin
- Released 11/30/2020
- Fixed CSRF security vulnerabilities inside the new login
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities in metamarks function
- Replaced deprecated wp_make_content_images_responsive with wp_filter_content_tags
- Fixed a bug that was causing the text color to be white in the Title input in post editor
- Released 11/17/2020
- Re-ordered destinations to better integrate new Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Updated the episode box so that if validation is skipped, the user doesn’t have to click Edit Media to edit
- No longer forcing Apple or Google icons in any locations
- Made an adjustment for the modern Blubrry icon–was getting cut off on Chrome for Mac
- Fixed text in amazon music subscribe link under player–previously said “Blubrry”
- Released 11/6/2020
- Fixed text in podcast index subscribe link under player–previously said “Blubrry”
- Re-added Unlink option if there is an error in Connected to Blubrry Account menu
- Released 11/5/2020
- Added subscribe links for Podcast Index
- Fixed a JS error
- Released 10/29/2020
- Refactored sprites so new icons would show up
- Deleted leftover code that was tagging PowerPress Network as its own plugin
- Released 10/29/2020
- Network Mode setting renamed to Multi-Program Mode
- Added Destinations for Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Merged PowerPress Network plugin into PowerPress
- Switched Blubrry authentication method to oauth2
- Released 10/08/2020
- Fixed a security vulnerability concerning image uploads
- Small bugfix so that welcome tab of settings page shows the correct feed info
- Released 08/31/2020
- Fixed a bug that was displaying subscribe links that had not been set
- Fixed a couple bugs that were throwing PHP errors
- Released 08/24/2020
- Fixed a bug in the player settings tab that was messing with episode artwork setting
- Re-added ‘Disable Blubrry Stats in Dasboard’ option, into Advanced Settings
- Fixed a jQuery bug
- Released 08/11/2020
- Small bugfix
- Tested with WordPress 5.5 beta
- Released 07/01/2020
- Added Farsi language
- Small CSS fixes
- Stopped showing general ‘feeds’ settings for custom feeds
- Fixed a bug where the Subscription Links Under Player setting wasn’t saving
- Released 06/03/2020
- Styled news items in WP Dashboard
- Fixed a bug where artwork settings weren’t saving properly
- Fxied bug where player link options would not save correctly
- Released 06/02/2020
- Added a check in the welcome page so that if there are >1000 posts, powerpress won’t query all of them
- Added the Save button back to Audio Player, Video Player, and MP3 Tags Settings pages which it had been removed from
- Started using WordPress functions to link JS code, as tags were causing an issue
- Released 06/01/2020
- Bug fix to artwork upload in Settings
- Released 06/01/2020
- Fresh new appearance for PowerPress settings tabs
- Now, helpful info about your show and its progress appear at the top of the Welcome tab
- Destinations-related settings consolidated to the Destinations tab
- Podcast SEO and Advanced Settings are now within the Settings tabs
- Released 04/29/2020
- Entry Box Settings are back–this time, find them by clicking the gear in the upper right of the entry box
- The Permalinks setting has been moved from the Website tab in Settings to the new Entry Box Settings
- Fixed a bug from 8.2.10 where media couldn’t be removed from a post
- Fixed a bug where “Verify” error messages were not showing up in the right spot
- Released 04/23/2020
- Update design for episode box–media URL section and Remove Episode moved
- Artwork previews now will use default images rather than broken ones
- Fixed a compatibility issue with older php versions
- Released 04/03/2020
- Corrected a typo in Non-Profit Apple category
- Fixed bug with PodPress data clobbering an already imported episode in certain circumstances.
- Added logic to handle importing with all supported Blubrry media URLs.
- Released 3/30/2020
- Tested with new WordPress 5.4 beta
- Subscribe on Email is now toggled by the checkbox in the Settings tab
- Fixed a bug where Apple category tags with no subcategory were not generated correctly
- Released 3/20/2020
- Stopped filling a default season number
- Started displaying all of PowerPress to new installs so that the Settings link isn’t broken on the Plugins page
- Fixed a bug where GUIDs were not preserved on import for some feeds with newer versions of WordPress
- Added the dark theme again which was mistakenly removed from the minified CSS file
- Deleted notification about Apple’s category changes
- Fixed a number of small CSS problems
- Released 3/4/2020
- Fixed a bug that was messing with some users’ season numbers
- Added an option in Settings to display the whole episode box (as opposed to verifying the media link before allowing any metadata to be entered)
- Fixed a bug that was being caused by translated characters
- Corrected the powerpress player shortcode [powerpress] in the episode box
- Fixed some smaller bugs dealing with the functionality of the tabs and the artwork preview for multiple categories
- Released 2/20/2020
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the explicit setting from saving
- Released 2/18/2020
- Minified CSS files for faster loading times
- Consolidated CSS classes and gave them more unique names so as to avoid conflict with other plugins
- Added the ability for PowerPress to remember the season of the last episode published and put this as a default value in this field for new posts
- Made poster image setting visible to all
- Released 2/13/2020
- Added Remove Episode option back into episode box
- Fixed a bug where title input wasn’t showing up (for users who had selected to specify an episode title)
- Season value is now allowed to be empty
- Added a label for the explicit setting
- Fixed a bug where the settings for the player size weren’t showing up for video media
- Released 2/12/2020
- Tweaked id3 library so as to prevent php compatibility errors
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error in the subscribe widget
- Slight CSS tweaks
- Released 2/11/2020
- Fixed editor detection–now styling/responsiveness will accommodate for classic editor
- Fixed a bug where the .js file wasn’t getting loaded for everyone
- Fixed a bug that would reload the page when a “View More”-type link was clicked
- Released 2/10/2020
- Eliminated Episode tab–whole episode box appears
- New interface with multiple tabs and cleaner, clearer settings
- Media link is now verified automatically
- Updated id3 library to be compatible with PHP 7.4
- Released 1/17/2020
- Now, if users define(‘POWERPRESS_NO_REMOVE_WP_HEAD’), links will not be removed from webpage head
- Updated readme to reflect that PowerPress is compatible with the most recent version of WordPress
- Added images that were missing in the Getting Started section
- Eliminated Simple Mode
- Replaced Simple Mode with a Getting Started section which shows up the first time someone opens PowerPress
- Getting Started includes feed info settings, feed import, and media migration
- Getting Started can also be revisited at any time
- Added trim call for ajax returns in case website is sending extra new lines due to a theme or plugin
- Now using the latest media detection library (getid3) in WordPress
- Released on 11/15/2019
- Added titles to iframes so as to be compliant with ADA
- Made a styling tweak in the subscribe shortcode
- Now, all three Apple categories will show up regardless of whether they are set
- Users can no longer hide certain ios11 settings in their Tools tab
- Released on 10/24/2019
- Brought back the ability to render black subscribe buttons using [powerpress_subscribe style=”dark”] (Thanks @vennstone for bringing to our attention!)
- Improved custom CSS setting so that !important tags could be stripped from subscribe sidebar widgets (Thanks Bree @lifesgood for pointing out the problem)
- Feed Landing Page URL setting can now be set for the default podcast feed (Thanks Daniel for the suggestion)
- Next week, we will release an update to Blubrry’s Media uploader to work better within PowerPress so that it is more accessible with text reading software such as JAWS and ZoomText (Thanks Gary for helping us!)
- Added support for the WPML plugin (Thanks David and Bobby from WPML!)
- Configured Websub publish API call timeout to 3 seconds.
- Released on 10/09/2019
- Fixed submit links for iHeartRadio, Deezer, and Pandora
- Deleted Google Play Image settings
- Released on 10/7/2019
- New Subscribe Destinations added:
** Deezer – Anyone can now submit their podcast to Deezer with just a blubrry.com account. Learn more
** Pandora – Submit your podcast to Pandora
** iHeart – Submit your podcast to iHeart radio.
- New Subscribe button styling options!!!
** Buttons now use an SVG sprite, providing a small footprint while being optimized for retina displays. Subscribe buttons have never been so crisp!
** There is a new “Modern” color scheme, with the traditional square or new rounded corners.
** Subscribe Widget can now be configured horizontally for use in horizontal widget areas.
- Added an option to remove !important and text-align left styling to subscribe buttons.
- Switched the
plugin_action_linksfilter to use
array_pushfunction call to avoid notice messages when another plugin or theme converts the links array to a string.
- Fixed bug since recent update to WordPress where the default feed had the word feed in the URL twice. (Thanks Daniel for pointing out the issue!)
- Released on 8/30/2019
- Apple category “After Shows” updated.
- Now using the https version for (castfeedvalidator.com)[https://castfeedlivadator.com] when clicking validate for feeds.
- CastFeedValidator diagnoses problems with your feed that could be preventing your episodes from reaching listeners. There are four phases of testing, performing more than 100 checks on your feed�s various components.
- Added class .blubrryplayer to the iframe for the Blubrry Player, for styling purposes.
- Released on 7/31/2019
- Fixed bug for older versions of PHP with WebSub, service to notify Google Podcasts of new episodes.
- Released on 7/25/2019
- Fixed logic bug introduced in 7.5 for sites using versions of PHP 5.4 or older.
- Added code changes to Blubrry Hosting’s Post to Social from PowerPress feature. (Last beta release of this feature!)
- Released on 7/23/2019
- Added library for PubSubHubbub. Missed it when merging latest git release into wordpress.org svn. Sorry about that!
- Released on 7/23/2019
- Added new Apple categories announced in July. The new Apple Categories will be made available on Apple Podcasts mid August, 2019.
- Added Multi-program Blubrry Podcast Hosting, perfect for Category podcasting.
- Added Update Google PubSubHubbub, lets Google Podcasts and other podcast directory services when your podcast publishes new episodes.
- Added support for various languages to podcast as including “Thai” and “Vietnamese”.
- Releasd on 6/21/2019
- Fixed bug introduced in last update that calculated the total number of episodes when viewing podcasts in channels and post types in PowerPress admin. (Thanks @edzila60610 for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed all mentions of Google+. (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed notice message getting cut off for the “Clear Plugins Update Cache” option under “Tools”. (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Added option
archive=”true” for the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to allow for the shortcode to be added to archive/category pages.
- Released on 6/12/2019
- Updated labels for Subscribe buttons and links in admin.
- Note: Apple has announced the end of life for iTunes desktop (except for Windows). PowerPress will be removing iTunes desktop specific features where they conflict with the Apple Podcasts iOS app.
- Enhanced iTunes summary updated, optimized for latest iOS podcasts app. It is now designed for Apple Podcasts iOS app rather than for iTunes desktop. (Thanks Robin for your assistance!)
- Force feed discovery on homepage only to use default podcast feed for Google Search.
- Fixed bug with deleting media files hosted on Blubrry Podcast hosting.
- Fixed bug with posts with revisions being part of the total number of episodes when viewing podcast feeds in PowerPress settings.
- Fixed bug with skipto position time not getting included in feed show notes. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Released on 4/26/2019
T_FUNCTIONbug for PHP 5.2 (not an issue if you have PHP 5.3 or newer)
- Released on 4/10/2019
- Added logic to authentication email addresses differently for premium password protected podcasts.
- Added support for YoastSEO and Google Podcasts (Thanks @sunkast for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed use of
create_functionto fix damaged serialized data created by the old PodPress plugin. (Thanks @oilmanmag and Dimitris for bringing to our attention!)
esc_attr()bug with podpress import.
- Added Tamil (ta) as a podcast feed language option. Thanks KT for requesting! If you do not see your language pelase contact us we will add it!
- Changed feed join query to solve conflict with the Affiliate Disclosure Pro plugin. (Thanks @ndnakashima for bringing to our attention!)
- New functionality for Taxonomy podcasting and the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode (Thanks @tristanmason for testing!)
- Fixed taxonomy bugs with the playlist player shortcodes (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- PowerPress playlist player can now be ordered in ascending order with attribute order=”asc” (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- Fixed bug with skipto shortcode leaving a blank value in feeds. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Skipto timestamp now uses the timestamp exactly as you entered it as the label as long as it has at least one colon to separate minutes from seconds.
- Fixed bug for post type podcasting in the situation where there can be multiple post types for blog posts or pages. (Thanks @shawnogordo for the bug fix!)
- Released on 10/03/2018
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode, quickly skip to a position in your audio episodes from your show notes. e.g.
[skipto time="2:34"]Learn more
- MEW: Emoji in show notes! You can now enter Emoji characters into the show notes to appear in podcast apps. Enable option in Feed settings tab. Previously WordPress converst Emoji to images which are not displayed in podcast apps. Learn more
- Added option to override the Google Podcasts subscribe URL.
- Enhanced VideoObject, a feature in Podcasting SEO.
- Improved base64 encoding Google Podcasts Subscribe URLs. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the heads up!)
- Removed option
Append show title to episode titlesper request from Apple.
- Released on 07/10/2018
- Spotify and Google Podcasts subscribe links added to Destinations.
- PowerPress users using Blubrry Podcast Hosting may now submit shows to Spotify!
- Added PodcastMirror setting, a modern alternative to FeedBurner. Learn more about PodcastMirror at podcastmirror.com
- Converted loop logic from each() to foreach() for PHP 7.3+ / 8.0+ compatibility.
- Improved logic for playlist player to appear better when certain settings are not set.
- Moved the enqueue script (‘jquery-ui-tabs’) logic so it only loads in the powerpress admin pages. (Thanks @keenanpayne for the code change!)
- Added define option
POWERPRESS_POSTTYPE_MIXING, when set to true podcast channels for the default podcast feed will mix all post types of type post with the default podcast feed. (Thanks @eos-rose for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 12/13/2017
- Added code to allow customization of Blubrry player style and colors.
- Added code to set no-cache headers in AJAX calls.
- Updated code to fixed bug where new iTunes episode title field may not save with some web hosting platforms using mod security with PHP 5.x. (Thanks @glark, Karren, and others for helping us fix the issue!)
- Changed the menu slug name for editing PowerPress settings.
- Removed safe mode logic for older versions of PHP. (Thanks @BrentO for reporting)
- Added logic to support feeds with bbpress. (Thanks @mubashiriqbal for bringing to our attention!)
- Added missing argument for get_post_type_object() in powerpress-subscribe (Thanks John for bring to our attention)
- Added disable iOS 11 field options under tools to help diagnose issue with some websites that show a 404 page when editing settings since the iOS11 fields were introduced.
- Changed the names of the new iOS11 fields that were getting caught by Mod Security for some users.
- Fixed bug with Taxonomy podcasting statistics redirects not being compatible with versions of WordPress older than 4.5 (Thanks @fmnowling for bringing to our attention!)
- iTunes Maximizer option 11+ older episodes now includes the iTunes summary by default to reflect changes with iOS11. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the suggestion!)
- Fixed link to powerpress translation page which was returning 404
- Added CastFeedValidator.com links for validating podcast feeds.
- Added Hindi and Punjabi to list of Podcast feed langauges (Thanks @blueblast for requesting the languages to be added)
- Released on 08/24/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from bug fixes listed.
- BETA COMING SOON: PowerPress 7.2 Beta will be available within 24-72 hours. Please visit https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/powerpress-beta/ for more details.
- Added logic to prevent the W3 Total Cache plugin from minifying podcast feeds. (Thanks @allimaple for bringing to our attention)
- Fixed warning messages in the getid3 library so they comply with PHP 7.1+. (Thanks @mahe for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed error verifying URLs for file formats not supported by iTunes.
- Feed import now compatible with Spreaker podcast feeds.
- Added code when including the subscribe CSS file to make sure it’s always included with various WordPress updates (Thanks Tim for the code fix!)
- Added checkbox in Blubrry Player configuration for making iTunes Episode image use optional with player. Unchecked by default.
- Released on 7/11/2017
- Added support for iOS 11!
- iTunes type added, specify episodic or serial for your podcast program (for iOS 11).
- iTunes episode title, number, season and type added for your episodes (for iOS 11).
- Subscribe on iTunes changed to Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, links have been enhanced to highlight episodes.
- Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting and HTTPS: Media URLs are now automatically converted to HTTPS.
- Added compatibility for the SG CachePress plugin. PowerPress will clear the cache if there was an error. (Thanks @grudesky for getting us in touch with developers!)
- Fixed error with creating the subscribe page in some languages (Thanks @edithmayerhofer for bringing to our attention).
- Better error reporting when importing podcast feed images.
- Verify media option improvements, mp3 duration is now detected even faster in most cases!
- Added logic to prevent notice messages with the subscribe_shortcode and newest versions of PHP. (Thanks @mahe for bringing to our attention)
- Added “Hide player / links: Read more tagged posts” option, hides the player and links on pages with the read more link. (Thanks @calebsg0 for the suggestion!)
- Google play schema URL updated.
- Added “redirect_rule” list of post types not used for podcasting. For compatibility with the “Safe Redirect Manager” plugin.
- Blubrry Player now uses the episode itunes image if set. The URLs to the images must be https:// in order to appear on social networking sites.
- Windows Media Player in browser support has been removed. Microsoft Edge browser does not support Windows Media Player in the browser.
- New logic added for dealing with Internet Explorer / Edge browser preloading media when using the MediaElement.js player.
- Fixed PHP warning message if media size in bytes is zero when displaying file size with player links.
- No longer using self closing XML for iTunes Categories.
- iTunes subscribe itpc:// links are no longer supported.
- Editing default podcast channel now imports global settings by default if blank. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention!)
- RSS Podcast feed Import error message added when the PHP XML library is not available. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention!)
- Released on 2/18/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from the new import options, top level iTunes category options, or bug fixes listed.
- Playlist player bug fix: When ids=”” are specified, episodes are now listed in the order entered rather than by date. (Thanks Zach Herbert for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to include the latest iTunes button in svg format and added the iTunes small badge. Use attribute itunes_badge=”true” to display iTunes badge.
- Changed import feed code to use the current author ID rather than hard coded to 1. (Thanks @tund3r for the bug fix!)
- Import feed for libsyn updated. (Thanks @tund3r for the code fix!)
- Import feed advanced option “Remove query strings from media URLs” added. (Thanks @tund3r!)
- Fixed rare PHP Notice unserialize() on line 3094 error that may happen if the podcast episode serialized data is not present. (Thanks @hmseb for pointing out the notice to us!)
- Added colon “:” to list of characters that can be in a valid media URL. (Thanks AfterBuzzTV.com! for the heads up!)
- Fixed notice message that can appear when using the media objects with the powerpress shortcode. (Thanks @srumery for reporting the problem!)
- Fixed issue with dashboard failing to load in some cases due to news feed being blocked by web server. (Thanks Jacob K. for helping us debug the problem!)
- iTunes categories with subcategories are no longer strictly enforced. If you want to select “Art” without selecting a sub category you now can. Selecting a category with a sub category is still optimal.
- Added ability to import a podcast feed to a post type podcast feed or to a podcast channel.
- Added ability to set the post status when importing a podcast feed. (Thanks @hgetrost for the feature suggestion!)
- Added compatibility with the Custom Post Widget plugin. (Thanks @aparentdesign for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed bug where ogg audio was not using the correct audio player. (Thanks @joeress for letting us know about the bug)
- Fixed bug with import not matching episode media URLs correctly. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention)
- Released 9/13/2016
- Fixed issue when editing channel/category/post type podcast settings double escaping & character. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Added checks for OpenSSL and cURL SSL support to the Diagnostics page.
- PowerPress “Verify” option now works with MemberPress. (Thanks MemberPress for the code!)
- Added new debugging define
POWERPRESS_DEBUG_QUERIES, displays SQL queries at the bottom of the feed for diagnostic purposes.
- Feed option to not allow other plugins from modyfing podcast feeds now bypasses the
- Added 2 new define options for podcast feeds and HTTPS. For example, it is possible to host your website via HTTPS but serve the feed via HTTP. (Thanks @Fastmover for the patch that inspired this option)
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTPS', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTPS.
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTP', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTP.
- Released on 7/22/2016
- Fixed bug with new Blubrry Player not displaying show notes button.
- Added TuneIn subscribe URL option. (Thanks @kgagne for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed the PHP 5.2 or older error message in the getid3 library. (Thanks davidpmariano for the heads up!)
- Fixed bug where podcast channels with a blank feed title do not apply specific channel settings like the website link. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where category episodes were not using the category settings like they used to if only one category is selected. (Thanks Jason Bryant for explaining the situation for us to reproduce the problem!)
- Added additional logic to better handle category podcasting when strict category podcasting is not enabled.
- Removed itunes:summary when Feed Maximizer on (this was the behavior before 7.0). iTunes summary is a duplicate of the RSS description. To include itunes summary in maximizer mode, please add
define('POWERPRESS_MAXIMIZER_INCLUDE_ITUNES_SUMMARY', true);in your wp-config.php.
- Released on 6/20/2016
- Fixed bug where verify media could fail with “unable to determine file format” caused by getid3 library update. (Thanks @budgetnerd for bringing to our attention!)
- Re-added the itpc links for subscribe on iTunes when no iTunes subscribe URL provided. For those who wanted this, please notice itpc does not work on iOS devices.
- Statistics redirects that do not end with a / will now work. We add a slash if no slash is present.
- Removed February 2016 iTunes notice message.
- Subscribe by Email, on Google Play and Stitcher options removed for premium podcast feeds.
- Subscribe links will no longer appear when episode no links option checked. (Thanks @360woodworking for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 6/6/2016
- Added Google Play Music to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
- Added Stitcher to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
- New: Strict Category Podcasting. Select a specific category to each episode for statistics tracking and subscription links.
- New: Podcast only category feeds. You can now mix blog posts with podcast episodes in your podast categories.
- New: Blubrry Audio Player. Modern podcast audio player complete with subscribe and share tools. For Blubrry Hosting customers only.
- Updated the getid3 library to latest version.
- Embed link enhanced to use provided embed. If an embed is placed into an episode, the embed link below the player will use that embed as well.
- Fixed bug where post type podcast feed with slug ‘podcast’ will also get the default podcast feed settings (Thanks steveportigal for bringing to our attention).
- Fixed bug with WP 4.5 dropping the
rss-httpcontent type “text/xml”.
- Added shortcode attribute
ids=""so you can specify post IDs for the playlist player to display exclusively. (Thanks John Haspel for the feature suggestion!)
- RSS import now sets the blog post content from the iTunes summary if no description or content:encoded was found in the feed. (Thanks @synthtony for letting us know about the situation)
- RSS import function calls to
mb_stripos()will fallback to
stripos()if the PHP mb (Multibyte String) library not available. (Thanks Glen Donohu for bringing to our attention!)
- Import to podcast category option added.
- Added audio ac3 and dts to media detection getid3 library (these are not podcast safe formats though we can detect their meta information).
- Improved logic for setting the iTunes subtitle and iTunes summary from blog post excerpts and blog post content if no custom iTunes summary and/or subtitle is set.
- Improved feed logic to minimize SQL queries
- Feed Maximizer option now applies to category podcast only feeds.
- Renamed “Appearance” settings to “Website” settings
- Added “Destination” settings for podcast directories and apps
- You can now select from pages when setting your Subscribe Page.
- Changed labels for Podcasting SEO guidance to include word “Podcasting” so not to confuse with “Web SEO”.
- Updated Podcasting SEO guidance to reflect how search works in Google Play Music (Thanks Daniel Lewis for confirming what is indexed!)
- Changed wording for Podcasting SEO guidance with Author field, replaced “slogans” with “nicknames” so it is more clear that we mean slogans for talent on the show.
- Removed logic to fallback to the HTML5 player for mobile devices. This was only needed when Flash based players were used.
- Quicktime Embed option for m4a audio removed due to security concerns with Quicktime.
- SWF embed support dropped.
- Embed link now toggles embed box when clicked multiple times.
Additional PowerPress Version History
Please visit the PowerPress Version History page for history prior to version 6.0.